Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida is a member of Feeding America – the largest charitable domestic hunger-relief organization in the United States. Second Harvest secures and distributes food and grocery products to approximately 550 local nonprofit feeding programs throughout Central Florida.
Last year, with the help of food and financial donors, volunteers and a caring, committed community, the food bank distributed 56 million mealsto partner programs such as food pantries, soup kitchens, women’s shelters, senior centers, day care centers and Kids Cafes. In addition, Second Harvest’s 18-week culinary program teaches foodservice-based technical, life and employability skills to economically hard-pressed adults.
New study: Map the Meal Gap
- The Map the Meal Gap 2018 study recently released by Feeding America provides insight and analysis of Americans who struggle with food insecurity in every county and congressional district in Central Florida and across the country
State and Local Info
- The Hunger Picture in Central Florida
- 2018 Community Resource flyer 4-16-18
- Winter Park and Surrounding Area Resource Guide
Health and Hunger Info
- Food Research and Action Center (FRAC)
This is a test section to test the margins